cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Modify RFAL Library for ST25R3918 Without ST25R3916_CMD_TEST_ACCESS Register

zeynepdicle
Associate III

I am using the ST25R3918 and the 'pollingTagDetect' example from the RFAL library. This chip does not have the ST25R3916_CMD_TEST_ACCESS register.

How can I modify this library?

32 REPLIES 32

Hi,
I explain how I figured it out.

Firstly, I purchased the STM32L476 Nucleo-64 and adjusted my system clock values to match the example NFC06A1_PollingTagDetect's system clock.

I changed the variable value from uint8_t globalCommProtectCnt; to uint8_t globalCommProtectCnt = 0;.

Next, I adjusted the resistor of my PCB antenna matching component.
It is working now and I'm using STM32F0 I can use other STM boards.

Best regards,
ZD

Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

thanks for your feedback.

The C language guaranties that uninitialized  global variable are implicitly initialized to 0 (practically such variables are allocated in the .bss segment which is memset to 0  by the c runtime initialization). Therefore changing uint8_t globalCommProtectCnt; to uint8_t globalCommProtectCnt = 0;. has no real effect. 

I believe that the real fix is " I adjusted the resistor of my PCB antenna matching component."

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi,

I believe too, now everything is okay.

Rgds

ZD