cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi, I am using NUCLEO-NFC05A1 .

Shreekant Tembhekar
Associate II

I have got the example application which uses RFAL library for detecting different communications. However the sample application uses polling method. How can I use interrupt method for this. Is there any documentation available for RAFL library?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire Poulain
ST Employee

​Hi Kaushik.

Documentation for the RFAL library is available on the /doc folder (rfal.chm).

The ST25R3911B is a reader/AFE IC.

Therefore, it needs to be controlled by the host in order to perform the required operations.

To implement an NFC Polling Loop the host needs to control the ST25R3911B by triggering a few actions and handle some interrupts.

There is not a single interrupt that would indicate that a card in a particular communication technology has been presented.

You can use the Wake-up mode where the ST25R3911B is in low power mode and it senses the antenna surroundings for an approaching device/card.

In this mode an interrupt is sent to the host, and can be used as a means to wake up the host, and then execute the Polling Loop.

Best regards

GP

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Grégoire Poulain
ST Employee

​Hi Kaushik.

Documentation for the RFAL library is available on the /doc folder (rfal.chm).

The ST25R3911B is a reader/AFE IC.

Therefore, it needs to be controlled by the host in order to perform the required operations.

To implement an NFC Polling Loop the host needs to control the ST25R3911B by triggering a few actions and handle some interrupts.

There is not a single interrupt that would indicate that a card in a particular communication technology has been presented.

You can use the Wake-up mode where the ST25R3911B is in low power mode and it senses the antenna surroundings for an approaching device/card.

In this mode an interrupt is sent to the host, and can be used as a means to wake up the host, and then execute the Polling Loop.

Best regards

GP