cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing the firmware with Keil MDK µVision 5

BWolf
Associate III

0690X000006CkjjQAC.jpg​Hi,

I want to edit the given firmware on the ST25DV Discovery-Board. For that I have downloaded the KEIL MDK µVision 5 and was able to open the given project. But it's not able to compile because the file is too big. Can I use another Linker?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rene Lenerve
ST Employee

Hi ben1703.bw1,

As said previously, Keil µVision isn't a freeware, so it has limited feature in demo mode. With the demo version you are only allowed to build binary less than 32KB sized.

If you don't want or cannot purchase the license, you can use free software IDEs, as OpenSTM32 System Workbench or Atollic TrueSTUDIO. They both are based on eclipse, but we do not provide project files with the ST25DV Discovery kit.

Nucleo software packages are delivered with 3 IDEs project files ( IAR, Keil, System Workbench) st has developed the X-NUCLEO-NFC04A1 with the ST25DV on it, which can help you in porting the Discovery kit demo on System Workbench (Nucleo software package can be found here https://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/embedded-software/mcus-embedded-software/stm32-embedded-software/stm32cube-expansion-packages/x-cube-nfc4.html).

Hope this can help you.

Regards.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Lead

You should read the error messages more carefully.

Keil uVision is not a freeware tool, and limits you capabilities with the free version.

BWolf
Associate III

​I'm sorry I did not installed the LIC correctly.

You have already worked with the ST25DV Discovey kit in µVision?

Rene Lenerve
ST Employee

Hi ben1703.bw1,

As said previously, Keil µVision isn't a freeware, so it has limited feature in demo mode. With the demo version you are only allowed to build binary less than 32KB sized.

If you don't want or cannot purchase the license, you can use free software IDEs, as OpenSTM32 System Workbench or Atollic TrueSTUDIO. They both are based on eclipse, but we do not provide project files with the ST25DV Discovery kit.

Nucleo software packages are delivered with 3 IDEs project files ( IAR, Keil, System Workbench) st has developed the X-NUCLEO-NFC04A1 with the ST25DV on it, which can help you in porting the Discovery kit demo on System Workbench (Nucleo software package can be found here https://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/embedded-software/mcus-embedded-software/stm32-embedded-software/stm32cube-expansion-packages/x-cube-nfc4.html).

Hope this can help you.

Regards.