cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal input for ST25R3918

TedA
Associate II

I want to use a MEMS oscillator driving the XTI pin instead of just a crystal between XTI and XTO.  What are the specifications on the input signal?  AC coupled? Amplitude? Drive impedance? Suggested circuit for a 0V to 3.3V output oscillator?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TedA
Associate II

I don't have the option of using a standard crystal.  The chip will be used at temperatures below which crystals can be used. 

I thought that I might attenuate the oscillator output with a resistor divider and then, if necessary, capacitively couple the signal to the XTI input.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
AScha.3
Chief II

so use a standard oscillator. 3v3 supply, i always put 100 ohm in clock line, to avoid reflections.

just set HSE to bypass , in Cube.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
TedA
Associate II

AScha.3

Thanks!

Ted

Hi,

this post is related to Crystal input for ST25R3918 NFC reader. Your answer is likely related to STM32 MCU...

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Ooo, yes, my answer is related to STM32 MCU .

so for ST25R3918 it should be better to use just a standard crystal,

to ensure that the analogue circuits in the ST25R3918 are not disturbed.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
TedA
Associate II

I don't have the option of using a standard crystal.  The chip will be used at temperatures below which crystals can be used. 

I thought that I might attenuate the oscillator output with a resistor divider and then, if necessary, capacitively couple the signal to the XTI input.

exactly, this i would try also

AScha3_0-1689780468127.png

TedA
Associate II

AScha, Brian,

Thanks for your input.

Ted