cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting custom ST25RU3993 board to GUI

ksevil
Associate

Hi,

I am developing new UHF RFID board using ST25RU3993. Can i connect this board to GUI written for  ST25RU3993-HPEV eval board?

I want to test my board with GUI. I downloaded SDK files for eval board but i am not sure if can connect my board to GUI.

Best regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nick K
ST Employee

Hello ksevil,

The ST25RU3993 Reader Suite GUI and the ST25RU3993 HPEV board FW use a proprietary protocol to talk to each other. Also mandatory, the HPEV board communicate via UART, over a FTDI UART-USB converter, to the outside.

A custom board must use UART as communication interface and implemented the same protocol as the ST25R3993HPEV board when the Reader Suite GUI shall be reused. If you reuse the UART based protocol implementation from the HPEV FW on your custom board then you can use the Reader Suite GUI, otherwise this is not possible.

In case you want to extent or modify the protocol from the HPEV FW, please have also a look to the STUHFL demo sources. also part of the SDK. It allows you to apply the changes you made to the protocol on FW side also on the host side. This could then be the basis for your own host application or GUI.

BR

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Nick K
ST Employee

Hello ksevil,

The ST25RU3993 Reader Suite GUI and the ST25RU3993 HPEV board FW use a proprietary protocol to talk to each other. Also mandatory, the HPEV board communicate via UART, over a FTDI UART-USB converter, to the outside.

A custom board must use UART as communication interface and implemented the same protocol as the ST25R3993HPEV board when the Reader Suite GUI shall be reused. If you reuse the UART based protocol implementation from the HPEV FW on your custom board then you can use the Reader Suite GUI, otherwise this is not possible.

In case you want to extent or modify the protocol from the HPEV FW, please have also a look to the STUHFL demo sources. also part of the SDK. It allows you to apply the changes you made to the protocol on FW side also on the host side. This could then be the basis for your own host application or GUI.

BR