cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VN920D-B5 chip

pietia
Associate II

Hello

Since the VN920D-B5 chip is not available, I am looking for a replacement. I am looking for another system with similar parameters.

Please help me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

First of all, it must be mentioned here that the VN920D-B5 as well as the VN920-B5 has long been obsolete and the VN920B5TR-E is already on NRND.

However, as you have already discovered yourself: the STATUS pin on the discontinued VN920D-B5 was digital, while the CURRENT SENSE pin on the VN920B5TR-E (and the discontinued VN920-B5) is analogue, which is why one cannot replace the other without hardware and software changes.

Ah, and in case you're wondering what you can replace the VN920D-B5 with: I'm really sorry but I'm not aware of any alternative device.

Does it answer your question?

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Elena BRAMBILLA
ST Employee

Hello Pietia  

If you mean VN920B5-E    SINGLE CHANNEL HIGH SIDE SOLID STATE RELAY

the product is available.    

https://www.st.com/en/automotive-analog-and-power/vn920b5-e.html 

regards.

Elena

pietia
Associate II

VN920D-B5 - pin status digital
VN920-B5 - pin sense analog

Can I use VN920 instead of VN920D?

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

First of all, it must be mentioned here that the VN920D-B5 as well as the VN920-B5 has long been obsolete and the VN920B5TR-E is already on NRND.

However, as you have already discovered yourself: the STATUS pin on the discontinued VN920D-B5 was digital, while the CURRENT SENSE pin on the VN920B5TR-E (and the discontinued VN920-B5) is analogue, which is why one cannot replace the other without hardware and software changes.

Ah, and in case you're wondering what you can replace the VN920D-B5 with: I'm really sorry but I'm not aware of any alternative device.

Does it answer your question?

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
pietia
Associate II

Thanks for the answers.