cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Outputs (U,V,W) of my STEVAL-IPM10F do not get any current.

IGücl.1
Associate II

Hello,

I have an IPM10F and try to switch on the gate, so I can measure a current on the Output U. My Problem is I measure nothing.

I put a constant 3.3 Voltage to the Gate-Pin A-High. On the Output (U) I connect a resistance to override the LOW-Switch. After that I tried to measure with a multimeter. I linked one end to the resistance and the other to the ground, like normal.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
IGücl.1
Associate II

After a few researches, I found out, that the there is a bootstrap circuit. In that case you can't control the H-Side without first charging the Bootcapacitor.

Thank you and a have a nice day

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Salvo L.
ST Employee

Please provide the wiring diagram and the resistor value.

Thanks.

IGücl.1
Associate II

The first picture is the wiring diagram of the IGBT and the second from the STEVAL-IPM10F. I used 470k ohm resistors. After my question I tested the output by wiring three resistors 470k into a star connection and link them into the outputs (U,V,W). When I turned it on and put 400V, the oscilloscope showed how the voltage fall down, but with that current this should be impossible, so there is something wrong. Thank you! 0693W00000Uo0kTQAR.png0693W00000Uo0kEQAR.png

Salvo L.
ST Employee

Please use the first configuration, I mean the config. used in your first post, if you want to turn-on the High-Side Switch (or the Low-Side).

If you want to test the High Side switch:

1. Connect a Load resistor between U-OUT (or V-OUT, W-OUT if you want to test another output) and GND. The resistor value should be much lower than 470Kohm (ex 470ohm).
  2. Connect Oscilloscope to Out-U
  3. Apply 15V toVcc
  4. Apply 300V to DC Bus Voltage
  5. Using a Signal Generator, send a short pulse 0->3.3V (ex. 1ms) to PWM-A-H (to turn on U High Switch). The resistor power dissipation must be taken into account during this test.

If you want to test the Low-Side switch, use the same config as above but this time connect the resistor between U-OUT and P. For this test apply the input signal to the PWM-A-L input.

Hope this helps you.

IGücl.1
Associate II

I tried to test the High-Side switch with your points and it doesn't work. Is there a function in the IGBT, where I have to set the Low-side of high first before the High-side?

Thank you

IGücl.1
Associate II

After a few researches, I found out, that the there is a bootstrap circuit. In that case you can't control the H-Side without first charging the Bootcapacitor.

Thank you and a have a nice day