cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STSPIN220 - Question about the Logic voltage

DLe.4
Associate II

I am doing a stepper control circuit as link https://www.pololu.com/file/0J1626/stspin220-stepper-motor-driver-compact-carrier-schematic.pdf

STSPIN220 : https://www.st.com/resource/en/datasheet/stspin220.pdf

Vs (VMOT) : 5V for the stepper: 5V - operation voltage

VCC: 1.8C - the logic voltage. => Is it Ok? I will use a microcontroller (the logic voltage is 1.8V ) to control signals: STEP, DIR, EN, MODE1, MODE2 of STSPIN220 

Do you have any recomendation for me?

Many thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

That's what the STSPIN2xx is designed for. So yes, you can supply the STSPIN220 with 5V while driving its IOs with 1.8V logic level. Just make sure the high level is at least at 1.6V, which should be fine using CMOS outputs.

If you haven't already selected the microcontroller, you can also use an STM32 as many of them are able to work down to 1.61V.

Good luck!

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

That's what the STSPIN2xx is designed for. So yes, you can supply the STSPIN220 with 5V while driving its IOs with 1.8V logic level. Just make sure the high level is at least at 1.6V, which should be fine using CMOS outputs.

If you haven't already selected the microcontroller, you can also use an STM32 as many of them are able to work down to 1.61V.

Good luck!

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
DLe.4
Associate II

Thank you for your support!

Hi Mr. Peter: I have more questions:

I see that STSPIN220 can be used for "Pop-up camera control for smartphones" application.

Can you tell me other IC with the same application?

Which smartphone brands used them? I am sorry for this inconvenience.

Thank you.

0693W000004HvMFQA0.jpg

No, I can't give you other ICs for this use.

You'd like to know which smartphone brands use them? Well, it doesn't look like a technical question, does it?

Regards

/Peter

Thank you. I think I had a good answers from you.