cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STPMIC1E Is it possible to program the STPMIC1E with different default buck output voltages so that after the NVM is programmed, it will always power up with those new defaults?

TWarn.1
Associate

I know that the STPMIC1C is the "custom" version of this PMIC. And long term, we may choose to use that version. But, due to availability, we want to create our reference design with the STPMIC1E which we can acquire ~300 parts for our prototype build. Then in mass production, we'd likely switch to the STPMIC1C. We have no problem programming the NVM as long as the values stay present on subsequent power-ups.

Specifically, we'd like to program:

BUCK1 to 0.8V

BUCK2 to 1.1V (default)

BUCK3 to 1.8V

BUCK4 to 0.65V

Thanks.

Tom

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @TWarn.1​, to the community!

Yes, all pre-programmed STPMIC1 can be changed to other output voltages of the Buck regulators and LDOs, which is possible up to 1000 times thanks to the included NVM. You'll find some description in the datasheet of the STPMIC1, section 5.5.2:

The NVM is composed of 64 bits customizable parameters (accessible from shadow registers):

BUCKs and LDOs regulators:

• Output voltage: to set the default output voltage at POWER-UP
  • POWER-UP sequence order: RANK regulator starts

[...]

NVM read operation is performed automatically before each POWER_UP sequence to set control registers with default values and configure POWER_UP and POWER_DOWN sequence.

NVM write operation can be performed several times at product level to:

1. Customize a pre-programmed device directly from application host processor via I²C interface (STPMIC1A,STPMIC1B, STPMIC1D and STPMIC1E)
  2. To program a non-programmed device (STPMIC1C) into a final application by connecting a I2C host programmer to the product via JIG tester

Good luck!

If the problem is resolved, please mark this topic as answered by selecting Select as best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @TWarn.1​, to the community!

Yes, all pre-programmed STPMIC1 can be changed to other output voltages of the Buck regulators and LDOs, which is possible up to 1000 times thanks to the included NVM. You'll find some description in the datasheet of the STPMIC1, section 5.5.2:

The NVM is composed of 64 bits customizable parameters (accessible from shadow registers):

BUCKs and LDOs regulators:

• Output voltage: to set the default output voltage at POWER-UP
  • POWER-UP sequence order: RANK regulator starts

[...]

NVM read operation is performed automatically before each POWER_UP sequence to set control registers with default values and configure POWER_UP and POWER_DOWN sequence.

NVM write operation can be performed several times at product level to:

1. Customize a pre-programmed device directly from application host processor via I²C interface (STPMIC1A,STPMIC1B, STPMIC1D and STPMIC1E)
  2. To program a non-programmed device (STPMIC1C) into a final application by connecting a I2C host programmer to the product via JIG tester

Good luck!

If the problem is resolved, please mark this topic as answered by selecting Select as best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.