cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPIN FAMILY EVALUATION TOOL,UNABLE TO CHANGE STEP MODES?

DGane.1
Associate

I purchased STEVAL-PCC009V2 board along with EVAL6480H.Board is working only with full step mode.I am unable to change other step modes. I did following things,

-Updated latest firmware(STSW-PCC009V2FW-2.1.0)

-Using SPIN family Evaluation tool,STSW-SPIN002(version-3.2)

what may be the problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cristiana SCARAMEL
ST Employee

Hello @DGane.1​ and welcome to the ST Community.

Did you follow all the steps recommended in the Quick start guide reported in the user manual UM2022 (section 2.1 page 6)?

Once the connection between the two boards is established, the IC parameters can be modified, you have three options:

1. Wizard (section 3.3): help to configure the device according you hardware and application requirements
  2. Register map (section 3.4): to change the parameters through the register value
  3. Device configuration (section 3.5): to change the parameters through the GUI

In all three cases to apply the changes you need to finish the configuration as indicated in the UM (Apply and Save or Write register or Apply).

After the change you can verify the right modification opening the Register map: register STEP_MODE value according your step mode.

You can modify the Step Mode in different way, but you have to pay attention also to all others application parameters too.

In particular, check the Full-step Speed parameter: when motor speed is greater than full-step speed threshold, the L6480 switches automatically to Full-step mode.

Let me know if you are able to change the Step mode and run the motor.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Cristiana SCARAMEL
ST Employee

Hello @DGane.1​ and welcome to the ST Community.

Did you follow all the steps recommended in the Quick start guide reported in the user manual UM2022 (section 2.1 page 6)?

Once the connection between the two boards is established, the IC parameters can be modified, you have three options:

1. Wizard (section 3.3): help to configure the device according you hardware and application requirements
  2. Register map (section 3.4): to change the parameters through the register value
  3. Device configuration (section 3.5): to change the parameters through the GUI

In all three cases to apply the changes you need to finish the configuration as indicated in the UM (Apply and Save or Write register or Apply).

After the change you can verify the right modification opening the Register map: register STEP_MODE value according your step mode.

You can modify the Step Mode in different way, but you have to pay attention also to all others application parameters too.

In particular, check the Full-step Speed parameter: when motor speed is greater than full-step speed threshold, the L6480 switches automatically to Full-step mode.

Let me know if you are able to change the Step mode and run the motor.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution"

Thanks for your reply.

Now i am changing step modes for my need.

It is working fine.

Hi @DGane.1​ great!

So did you find out where the configuration problem was?

Please "Select as Best" button to close the topic