cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Pins of SPV1050

Prajnyajit
Associate II

I'm mounting SPV1050 on PCB. In my application, I'm using a PV cell as input to the IC and takes the output from Vbatt to charge a battery. I am not using LDO or anything extra.. no use of store too. Is it right if I make Pin 5,6,7,8,11,12,17 open circuit?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Pins 5 and 6 are inputs (LDO1_EN, LDO2_EN) and should be connected to GND when the LDOs are not used.

You can leave the remaining pins floating.

If the problem is resolved, please mark this topic as answered by selecting Select as best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Good luck!

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Pins 5 and 6 are inputs (LDO1_EN, LDO2_EN) and should be connected to GND when the LDOs are not used.

You can leave the remaining pins floating.

If the problem is resolved, please mark this topic as answered by selecting Select as best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Good luck!

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Prajnyajit
Associate II

Pin 7 and 8 should be floating right? Are you sure?

Yes, pin 7 (BATT_CHG) and pin 8 (BATT_CONN) are outputs and indicators that can but do not have to be used.

Regards

/Peter