cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

L4986A model for Simplis/Simetrix compatible for POP Analysis

J_tomi
Associate

I am working on a project using L4986A. I was trying to get a bode plot of a boost PFC using L4986A model on simplis but I could not do a Periodic Operating Point (POP) analysis due to the IC containing non-linear blocks.

I am wondering if there is a simplis model/schematic available that can allow me to use POP analysis for L4986A. The eDesignSuite for l4986A have a limits for the design specification and I could not input all of the design variables.

1 REPLY 1
Marco FICHERA
ST Employee

Hi @J_tomi ,

Currently to analyze a design for L4986A we can provide you the following tools and resources:

• eDesignSuite: as I see you already used our design portal, including the Power Management Design Center and in particular the AC/DC section .
    I used the Search box to specify the Part Number and filter the list of design solutions, including L4986A PFC Boost design (see the screenshots below) .
    Can you please clarify the point where you write "The eDesignSuite for l4986A have a limits for the design specification and I could not input all of the design variables."? 

• L4986 product page and in particular the CAD Resources section  where you find some simulation assets for SIMetrix/SIMPLIS simulator:
    • L4986 simplis model.zip, containing:
      - SIMPLIS models and symbols: L4986A_encrypted.lb, L4986A_symbol.sxslb, L4986B_encrypted.lb, L4986B_symbol.sxslb
      - Application Test Bench: TB_EVL4985-350W.sxsch

Furthermore I wonder if you know eDSim, a free version of SIMetrix/SIMPLIS tool, offered by STMicroelectronics to allow the customers to run simulations on many designs based on a set of our products.

You can download eDSim from: https://www.st.com/edsim (see the screenshots below)

In our plan we are going to provide more simulation assets for L4986A in order to:

• enable the Export to eDSim feature for the design in eDesignSuite
  • embed the simulation assets in eDSim, including more application examples

I hope it helps someway.

Regards

Marco

MarcoFICHERA_0-1709906086610.png

MarcoFICHERA_2-1709906954014.png

MarcoFICHERA_4-1709908160673.png