cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i would like to use this ic SPV1050, May I know what simulation software can I use to simulate this circuit?

luckysquad
Associate II

10 REPLIES 10
Marco FICHERA
ST Employee

Hi @luckysquad​ ,

we don’t have any video for the simulation set-up of SPV1050�?.

However, the simulation with TEG supply at input stage is quite simple.

In fact, the TEG supply can be simulated by a voltage source (Vs) with a resistor (Rs) in series.

Vs and Rs depends to the ∆temperature applied to the TEG.

Assuming you want to test at ∆temperature = ∆TMAX then:

• Vs corresponds to the open circuit voltage of the TEG@∆TMAX
  • Rs = Vs / Is, where Is stands for the max current supplied by the TEG@∆TMAX

For the selection of the proper mode (boos or buck-boost) and for the application components of SPV1050, please refer to the datasheet (https://www.st.com/resource/en/datasheet/SPV1050.pdf).

Regards

Marco

luckysquad
Associate II

but did you know how can I get the lib component for spv1050? cause I try to find the component but doesn't have the lib for this IC. I try to use PSpice cadence but don't have this IC. can you help me.

@luckysquad​ ,

I provide you a zip file containing the following:

• SPV1050_ORCAD_project.zip :
    • containing both the .lib of the model and the .OLB for the PSpice symbol.
    • containing a README.docx (also reported at the bottom of this post)
  • 2 pdf with application schematics, TB_TEG_schematic.pdf, TB_TEG__MIN_Pin_schematic.pdf, simulated in the context of the OrCAD project in the .zip and related to the TEG source. You could use them as a starting point for your simulations.

Regards,

Marco

*****************************************************************************************

SPV1050 Macro-Model for Cadence OrCAD PSpice

The SPV1050 Macro-Model has been developed and validated by using the simulation platform Cadence OrCAD ORCAD PSPICE v16.6.

The standalone SPV1050 macro-model library (encrypted) is ./LIB/SPV1050_macromodel.lib

and its symbol library is ./LIB/SPV1050_macromodel.OLB .

This archive SPV1050_ORCAD_project.zip contains the sample OrCAD project SPV1050.opj and all its related files, to show the

SPV1050 macro-model usage in the following four application schematics testbenches:

1) TB_PV: testbench BUCK-BOOST using a panel with Voc=9V e Isc=100u;

2) TB_PV_with_SHADOW: testbench BUCK-BOOST using a panel with Voc=9V

and Isc=100u at startup and after a shadow that reduces the panel power to 30uW

with 150mV on MPP: in order to simulate this testbench the parameter Tsample has

been fictious reduced from 16s to 2s to allow a fast tracking of the fast shadow;

3) TB_TEG: testbench BOOST using a TEG con V_TEG=700mV e I_TEG=100u;

4) TB_TEG__MIN_Pin: testbench BOOST using a TEG with minimum power, with

V_TEG=500mV e I_TEG=30u.

For the BOOST configuration, a parameter called FAST_BOOST_STARTUP had been defined and if it’s set to 1, it allows

the capacitor CSTORE charge through a constant current during the startup till 2.5V, in order to speed-up the startup behavior

by avoiding the slow charge pump activity.

****************************************************************************************************

0693W00000Nqc2LQAR.jpgI already get the file and do simulation using PSpice OrCAD cadence. but when I try to run the file that you gave me, the error comes out. it said ( shown in picture). did you know how to solve this error? and I realize something that the .lib file was encrypted. is it because the file was encrypted so the error come out??

Marco FICHERA
ST Employee

@luckysquad​ ,

The sent SPV1050_ORCAD_project works successfully in ST side, probably you are is using an old and not patched or not full features Cadence OrCAD PSpice v17.4 platform:

below you find the ST obtained simulation results by running the user tried testbech TB_TEG_Min_Pin and the ST used OrCAD v17.4 platform ( it isn’t a demo version but a full licensed features) .

Cadence OrCAD environment exhibits some issues managing projects stored in long Windows path therefore try also to store and start the SPV1050_ORCAD_project from a shorter path folder , for example from c:\temp.

0693W00000NqdcAQAR.png0693W00000NqdcFQAR.png 

Regards

Marco

if you don't mind, can you share the video on how you use OrCAD cadence to simulate this IC and get the result you show in the picture above? I really need your help :(. because actually I'm a beginner, so I do not really understand how to use this orcad cadence and what should I do if I get some error. please help me I really need your help :(

Marco FICHERA
ST Employee

Sorry @luckysquad​ , but can't provide more material.

The above model, equipped with a project with sample testbenches, is compatible with a Cadence OrCAD PSpice full licensed version, not demo. The version is >=16.6

Now it's up to you to continue with your application.

can you explain a little bit about the picture that you have shown above and how the parameter set 500 m and 30 u influences the result that you get? i want to know, why you set parameter values like that and what the reasons.

hai, Mr. Marco. I want to ask. did you have the bill of material for this design. ?

0693W00000QMXjgQAH.jpg