cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I would like to know if the component BTW691200 compared to the original is to be considered STM. The font and logo are very different. Thanks to all those will help me.

M.Graziani
Associate

0693W00000aPNPhQAO.jpg0693W00000aPNPNQA4.jpg

7 REPLIES 7
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @M.Graziani​, to the community!

It is difficult to tell from the photos.

In order to be able to check this for sure, the Bulk ID from the label of the packaging is necessary, whose clearly legible photo should not be uploaded here in the public community, but by personal message.

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

We had already discussed the topic via PM, where I came to the conclusion that the component on the right side is almost certainly a fake.

For the sake of comparison for others seeking advice, I am attaching an example picture from a Vietnamese dealer that does look a tiny bit like the thyristor in question - please compare for yourself. Chinese dealers, on the other hand, delete the fake logo from exactly the same picture:

0693W00000bhECKQA2.jpg0693W00000bhECPQA2.jpg

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

If the problem is solved, please mark this thread as answered by selecting Select as best, as also explained here. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Regards

/Peter

@Peter BENSCH​ I do however remember seeing a PCN or Reliability report related to a change in the metal stamping/form when production was moved

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

@Community member​ Thanks for the tip. I have just looked through all the PCNs for the BTW69-1200 and found no reference to a change in the metal stamping/form. It is also noticeable that all the BTW69-1200 in question do not have the Eco character "G", and that the date code of the Asian variants has four digits (normal = three digits).

I have a last question...

In the front of the component, where are the characters, there is a circle in the mold with an initials.

What does it mean and if it is essential to recognize original and non-reprinted components?

Thanks.

Marco.

This is the remnant from the ejector that remains after molding, where there should really be nothing but a smooth surface. If necessary, this can also be used to distinguish them from fakes.

Regards

/Peter