cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a line of BLDC external rotor motors, rated 12vdc, 12pole, 3phase with 3hall sensors. I would like to purchase an evaluation driver board to test comparative performance for these motors. Any suggestions as to which driver to purchase?

Mmono.1
Associate

2 REPLIES 2
Cristiana SCARAMEL
ST Employee

​I can suggest different solution, but depends on your load current and driving method.

1. The STEVAL-SPIN3201 board is a three-phase brushless DC motor driver board based on the STSPIN32F0 and STD140N6F7 MOSFETs. The board is designed for sensored or sensorless vector control - FOC algorithms with 3-shunt sensing. You can use the STM32 Motor Control Software Development Kit (MCSDK) for the motor running.
  2. The X-NUCLEO-IHM16M1 motor driver expansion board is based on the STSPIN830 monolithic driver for three-phase brushless motors (supporting single shunt and three-shunt sensing ). This board needs a STM32 Nucleo development board to work and can exploit the motor profiler (but can operate up to 1 A).

You can find all details in the reported links.

Mmono.1
Associate

​Thank you Cristiana, for your response to my question.

I will pass this on to my EE associate to see if the current draw is above or below 1amp.

He may know what we have or don't have, and see which of these choices to go with.

thanks, again,

Michael