cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello, except the tube and reel package, is there any performance difference between VNH3SP30-E and VNH3SPTR-E? Can I identify them by IC mark?

JTian.2
Associate

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @JTian.2​, to the community!

there is no VNH3SPTR-E, you probably mean VNH3SP30TR-E?

However, there is no technical difference, TR only denotes the tape option. The type of packaging unit is also not visible in the component marking, as it is not relevant information for the component.

BTW: The VNH3SP30-E has been obsolete for several years. Please make sure that it is not a counterfeit.

Does it answer your question?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @JTian.2​, to the community!

there is no VNH3SPTR-E, you probably mean VNH3SP30TR-E?

However, there is no technical difference, TR only denotes the tape option. The type of packaging unit is also not visible in the component marking, as it is not relevant information for the component.

BTW: The VNH3SP30-E has been obsolete for several years. Please make sure that it is not a counterfeit.

Does it answer your question?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
JTian.2
Associate

Thank you for answers, ​Yes, I mean VNH3SP30TR-E.

I did find fake VNH3SP30 in market, looks the chip surface was polished and reprinted. Because VNH3SP30TR-E is out of stock, I have to purchase from some uncertified stores. Is there any good method to check if these VNH3SP30TR-E are original or counterfeit?

Unfortunately, we are living in an extremely crazy time right now, where semiconductor manufacturers are literally overrun by the demand for chips. Since, unlike toilet paper, it takes considerably more resources to produce chips or even a new plant, but at the same time demand has increased extremely, this problem unfortunately cannot be eliminated in a short time.

In the meantime, chip counterfeiters are earning an extremely large amount of money by foisting their counterfeits on companies that are desperately looking for goods. I have even seen spot offers that did not contain a chip except for the lead frame and the printed or lasered molding.

To come back to your question, you already mentioned it - it's best to buy only from trusted sources. Alternatively, you can discuss the labels of the tapes or boxes with an ST contact in your region and let them check it.

Good luck!

If the problem is resolved, please mark this topic as answered by selecting Select as best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

/Peter