cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVSPIN32G4 current sensing not working - standard settings

ALedi.1
Associate III

I am trying to spin a 48V motor with an EVSPIN32G4 with standard settings.

0693W00000QM3bsQAD.pngThe only thing I changed was increase the startup current to about 18 Amp and adjust my motor parameters.

0693W00000QM3bhQAD.pngThe high frequency plot shows that the measured currents I_A and I_B reach OPAMP saturation, which is not the case because I measure the OPAMP V_OUT voltages simultaneously with an oscilloscope and the output voltage is barely moving except for the rampup alignment current that is programmed.

0693W00000QM3inQAD.pngAnother strange thing is that only Phase B OPAMP has the correct voltage of 1,65V when no current is flowing, the other two outputs have 0 V.

It would be awesome if someone has a clue on what I am doing wrong. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ALedi.1
Associate III

I found out that R50 only measured to 1,1 kOhm instead of 1,5 kOhm, and after close inspection with a magnifying glass I found a tiny amount of solder was on one side of R50...I removed it now the current waveform looks normal.0693W00000QM9LaQAL.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ALedi.1
Associate III

I found out that R50 only measured to 1,1 kOhm instead of 1,5 kOhm, and after close inspection with a magnifying glass I found a tiny amount of solder was on one side of R50...I removed it now the current waveform looks normal.0693W00000QM9LaQAL.png

Hi @AL.8edig​,

happy to see you quickly find the solution!

I would just to highlight that OPAMP3 output is expected low since in this configuration only OPAMP1 and OPAMP2 are used.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution"

thank you for the response, can you tell me how to set up that all three OPAMPs are used, like described in UM2850 page 13? In workbench, the third OP is automatically turned off, but in the user manual it is clearly stated that its possible to use all three0693W00000QM9ieQAD.png

Hi @AL.8edig​,

the MC Workbench currently does not support this Op-Amps configuration.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution"