cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring a 32F303 for motor control (2-shunt method, analog hall feedback)

Richard Tarbell_2
Associate II

Greetings All! We have an F303CB processor for use in a motor control application. I wanted to ask on some points regarding the configuration.

Using TIM1 with CH1 and CH1N (phase A), CH2 and CH2N (phase B), and CH3 and CH3N (phase C). Switching frequency is 20kHz with 500 nanosec deadtime. --> This part seems to be working well.

We are using the "3-shunt current sensing" method, except that we are actually only sensing 2 of the 3 legs (to save cost). We are using ADC1 and ADC2 to simultaneously sample the two current sense resistors.

Using ADC3 and ADC4, we want to simultaneously sample two analog Hall sensors to get motor position feedback.

We want TIM1 to run the PWMs, and also trigger all 4 ADCs at the same time, so that we get simultaneous sampling across current samples and hall position samples.

1. Is this possible to do?
  2. If question 1 IS possible, then here's my major point of confusion: for all of the ADCs, do I want their trigger sources to be "Timer 1 trigger out event", or "Timer 1 Capture Compare 4 event"?

0 REPLIES 0