Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

blank display on steval-ihm022v1

bernhard2
Associate II
Posted on January 08, 2014 at 09:55

Hi.

I ordered the steval-ihm022v1 board. As I was familiarizing myself with the board I flashed the provided fw project (with small adaptions) and the lcd project onto the uC and it worked quite fine. But after about an hour the display stopped showing anything. It's just blank.

I tried flashing various combinations of lcd and fw projects but the display stays blank.

Is it possible to get the original flash image to verify that the problem is not HW related?

Is maybe a lcd test fw available to verify the display?

br,

bernhard
5 REPLIES 5
bernhard2
Associate II
Posted on January 08, 2014 at 14:44

Hi. 

It looks like the stm3210B-eval board uses the same lcd with identical connection to the STM32. Therefore I tried the demo application from stm32_gui_lib, with the same effect that the display is blank.

I also had a look at the SPI signals connected to the LCD, they look sane.

Therefore I conclude that the LCD died on me? Does anyone have other insights?

cheers,

bernhard

Gigi
ST Employee
Posted on January 10, 2014 at 16:17

Ciao Bernhard,

before giveup, I suggest to wait the new version of the lib. v3.4. One of the new feature is:

- Added the support for the LCD marked MB895/S C-03 of STM3210B-EVAL and STEVAL-IHM022v1

The new lib will be published on st.com next week (wk3) or the other (wk4) with the code

STSW-STM32100

Ciao

Gigi

bernhard2
Associate II
Posted on January 13, 2014 at 14:06

Ciao Gigi,

sounds great, so maybe I do not have to send back the board...

Would it be possible to get a test application beforehand? To ensure this is really the problem. I suspect the binary LCD project would be enough for testing, if it is compatible with the v3.3 MC application.

cheers,

bernhard

Gigi
ST Employee
Posted on January 13, 2014 at 15:52

Ciao Bernhard,

it seems that the STSW-STM32100 is already on the web...

Inside you can find the STEVAL-IHM022V1_XXX.hex that is the binary with the updated LCD FW version, and it should be compatible also with the v3.3 MC lib.

Ciao

Gigi

bernhard2
Associate II
Posted on January 15, 2014 at 11:30

Ciao Gigi,

thanks, I'm going to try the new release. There is no .out file for IAR anymore, therefore I have to programm it with another tool...

br,

bernhard