cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HVLED101 adding transformer

Johnno
Associate II

In the HVLED101 design tool, there is the option for a custom transformer. When selecting the core type it seems possible to add a new core type (component) for a transformer design.

When adding one, a screen pops up that says "Please, compile the form, filling all the fields.". This screen cannot be closed and basically you need to restart your design. I don't see a different way to add a new core type.

Is this function not working? Please advise.

6 REPLIES 6
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome @Johnno, to the community!

I have just successfully tested this with Windows and Edge: I can select and parameterise a customer-specific transformer with the eDesignSuite.

Which operating system and browser are you using?

Perhaps your exact parameters and screenshots of the last steps would be useful so that you can try to reproduce this with the same data. For that, the eDesignSuite has a function Share Design in the top right-hand corner, which you can use to share your project wrapped in an URL. However, you should avoid storing confidential information in the design because the community is public.

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hello Peter,

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm using windows and google's browser. Just tried Edge with the same result.

To clarify, I'm able to spec my transformer but the core I want is not listed. So I'm trying to add a core type (PQ2016) to the "core selection". It seems like an option, but a screen pops up that can't be closed.

Kind regards "Add component" doesn't work for me"Add component" doesn't work for me

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Ah, now I understand and can confirm this. Apparently the software team has not yet finalised the form for entering your own transformer cores. I apologise and ask for your understanding that this will probably take some time.

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Patrizia BELLITTO
ST Employee

Hello @Johnno , @Peter BENSCH ,

you are right, there was a bug inside the custom transformer view and the button "ADD COMPONENT" appeared even if it was not expected. We are removing it, because, as Peter mentioned, it will take a very long time to develop all the necessary to complete this feature.

I'm really sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Patrizia

@Patrizia BELLITTO @Peter BENSCH 

No problem, I still have my own transformer design tool however it doesn't take valley switching into account. Therefore it would be a helpful feature.

Miniaturization or flat designs are getting more common so maybe it is possible to add smaller cores from your end?

Thanks for the help

@Johnno ,

thanks for your understanding. We'll work in the next months to update the core database and even to the possibility to add your own custom core.

Best regards,

Patrizia