cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UAA4003DP Chip Alternative

tsteg
Associate

I am looking for a alternative chip to replace an obsolete part.

The part is a ST UAA4003DP This a 16 pin chip used in a DC motor drive to control the motor speed.

I can't find any information on this other than the fact that it is obsolete..

I did find a data sheet for a UAA4000 chip, but it is for a remote control transmitter.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome @tsteg, to the community!

In fact, this ancient part has been discontinued - after all, it was launched in 1988. At least I don't know of any alternative that is even similar. Unfortunately, the documentation for discontinued devices is being destroyed, but perhaps the data sheet I found here will help you.

I'm extremely sorry, but that's all I can help you with.

Good luck!

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome @tsteg, to the community!

In fact, this ancient part has been discontinued - after all, it was launched in 1988. At least I don't know of any alternative that is even similar. Unfortunately, the documentation for discontinued devices is being destroyed, but perhaps the data sheet I found here will help you.

I'm extremely sorry, but that's all I can help you with.

Good luck!

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Found the same.

Whatever board/design this is on, you're likely going to have to redesign, and create an alternative

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..