cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M24512 Current consumption in standby mode is about 90uA instead of 2uA.

Libi.1
Associate II

Hello,

Previously we are using AT24C512 I2C EEPROM(current consumption 1uA in standby),with this our device current consumption is about 4.2uA.

Due to more write cycle of M24512-DF EEPROM, we just replaced AT24512 with M24512-DF. EEPROM read and write works perfectly.

But in standby mode, our device wit M24512 IC consumes current of about 90-100uA.

We doesn't change our any part of code, we only wants to replace AT24C512 with M24512-DF, But it increases current consumption of device.

Please help us to reduce this current consumption as M24512-DF datasheet states that standby current of 2uA. So may be EEPROM is not going into standby mode.

I have compare At24C512 and M24512-DF Datasheets and they have similar procedure for standby method after stop condition is send, and my code is sending stop condition after read or write complete. But AT24C512 goes in standby mode, whereas M24512-DF not seems to go to standby mode, or any other issue.

We used 4.7K Pull up on SDA,SCL and WP. and For Address Pin E0,E1 and E2 are also Pulled up with 4.7K

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
Pierre P.
Senior III

Hello,

I confirm: Stand-by current around 1-3µA Max (500nA typical) and Selected current around hundred of µA.

Please check:

- the eeprom deselection procedure (standby method).

- the eeprom is not still in internal write cycle when you measure the consumption (wait for 5ms)

BR

Team EEPROM suPPort

Libi.1
Associate II

Hello,

Thanks for response.

I checked eeprom producer, it seems to be ok. and My device sleeps for around 8 hours. So I checked current consumption continuously for hours.

Can you please share schematic and code for M24512-DF which puts it into standby mode.

Thank You

Libi.1
Associate II

Hello,

Please help us as soon as possible.

Thank you

Pierre P.
Senior III

Hello,

As soon you've applied a "stop" condition and you've released SDA/SCL bus, the device is deselected in stand-by mode.

(See also Application Note AN2014 on ST.COM)

BR

Team EEPROM suPPort.