cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I append new functions to ST72681 controller?

jjcchh333
Associate II
Posted on September 30, 2005 at 12:05

How can I append new functions to ST72681 controller?

3 REPLIES 3
jjcchh333
Associate II
Posted on September 24, 2005 at 01:39

(continued ''Is there any development kit for ST72681'' )

I understood your explanation.

I am going to add some new functions to usb controller.

For example, I am going to develop USB storage device have a CD-ROM drive and ordinary drive(FAT32 etc.).

I am going to download the program that I developed in the CD-ROM drive.After pluging the usb storage device into the usb hub ,the device starts automatically as CD-ROM drive.

Then our program runs first.

Such products have already been developed and I have got it.

The device has a OTI-2168 controller and Samsung NAND flash.

It has a CD-ROM drive and hard disk drive in it.

Of course,I know your company(ST Microelectronics) provide the controller with firmware that controls the storage memory as a hard drive.

1. Is it possibe to write by your company the firmware that I developed?

If it is possible and you provide the development kit for ST72681,I am going to purchase your about 100000 controller.

2.Is it possible the provide me the product has above mentioned functions,if the development is impossibe with the controller?

If it is possible,please inform the new controller(which has the above functions) price.

Please answer my questions.

Thank you.

Regards,

alain2399
Associate II
Posted on September 26, 2005 at 13:17

Hi,

there is an emulator for developping teh firmware of the ST7268, this is the ST7MDTU7-EMU3. But as it is costly and complex to develop and validate this firmware and this is only economically viable only with huge volumes. This is why its delivery is limited to some customers. You should get in touch with ST sales office close to you in order to discuss the possibility of developping your own firmware.

Best regards,

Alain

xavier2
Associate
Posted on September 30, 2005 at 12:05

Hi,

STMicroelectronics does have a firmware for the ST72681 including CD-ROM drive partition feature for autorun.

You can start from this f/w for your own development or buy our controller

Please contact your ST sales office our representative.

Best regards,

Xavier