cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I program a uPSD3234 with a ST Link V2? We used to program these controllers with a flashlink FL-101B, but searching now for an USB solution. Thank you very much!

VReut.1
Associate II

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Well, JTAG is just the physical layer. In order to be able to program a component with it, the PC software must first be able to address this adapter, and the communication between the PC software and the component must also be correct. So it won't work that way.

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @VReut.1​, to the community!

The ST-LINK/V2 can only program STM8 and STM32, not the family of uPSD devices, which have been obsolete for several years.

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
VReut.1
Associate II

Hi Peter,

thanks for your answer. Do you see any possibility to use a modern USB flash adapter for the uPSD devices? Can I build an adapter?

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

The FlashLINK adapter has a relatively simple structure, but unfortunately there is no longer any documentation on what the protocol looks like on the parallel port. In this respect one would have to analyze this protocol again and then develop a programming adapter with USB.

Is it really worth it or isn't it better to dig up an old PC with a parallel port to program with the FL-101?

Regards

/Peter

VReut.1
Associate II

I am not super familiar with JTAG, but can't I just use TMS,TCK, TDI, TDO pins of the ST-Link/V2 and connect them to the uPSD or is the protocol totally different?

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Well, JTAG is just the physical layer. In order to be able to program a component with it, the PC software must first be able to address this adapter, and the communication between the PC software and the component must also be correct. So it won't work that way.

Regards

/Peter

VReut.1
Associate II

Ok, understood. Thanks, Peter.