cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPC582B - writing boot-loader to be used with BAF

Yannek
Associate III

I would like to write a simple boot loader to be uploaded to SPC58's RAM by BAF (according to "Boot Assist Flash" section of RM).

The boot loader's job is to receive the program by LinFlex or CAN and store to MCU's flash. All this without need of using external JTAG programmer.

Do you have any guide how to write it and debug using SPC5 Studio and UDE STK? Or maybe there are ready solutions (boot-loader code to upload)?

I know the boot-loader will be loaded into RAM, I see that BAF uses part of RAM for "BAF data area and stack". That seems to introduce specific requirements for the environment and compiler, which I'd rather follow than guess...

5 REPLIES 5
Sebastian VESELY
Associate

Hello Lukasz,

the BAF already contains a serial bootloader. If the microcontroller is 'empty' then you can upload your FW via CAN or UART/LinFlex.

eg. LINFlex protocol is described in 47.3.6.2 LINFlexD download protocol of RM0403.

SPC5Studio contains many examples. Just create a new project and select SPC58 / CHORUS 1M / Flash and you will have there 2 examples. One of them is "SPC582Bxx_RLA Bootloader Test Application for Discovery".

Best Regards, Jan

Yannek
Associate III

Hi Sebastian,

Example from SPC5Studio sounds like exactly what I need, but unfortunately I can't find it.

When I create new project and press green "+" icon, I can see only regular RLA platform components:

0693W00000aIekyQAC.pngWhen I try to get through "Common tasks" --> "Import samples from application library", there is also nothing related to "boot loader" in following view:

0693W00000aIehHQAS.pngAm I missing something? I have SPC5Studio 6.0, which seems to be the latest.

Good day,

Lukasz

Christian N
ST Employee

Dear Yannek,

Thank you for contacting STMicroelectronics. Please note that we took this case directly in our Online Support System (OLS) and you will receive direct technical support through the case.

Also, in the future, to received prioritized support, please submit your requests via my.st.com/ols

Kind Regards,

Christian

ST Support

Yannek
Associate III

Thank you, Christian.

Should I paste here my latest comment written on https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00002AQEEtSAP/spc582b-writing-bootloader-to-be-used-with-baf or is it OK to leave it there?

When, more or less, may I expect a solution?

Good day,

Yannek

Yannek
Associate III

Shall I get any comment, please?