cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No activity on the CAN pins SPC560D discovery

AndreasPA
Associate III

I've written up plenty of programs prior and went on to developing a board from the 32 series and came back and since the can pins on the 56D device dont do anything.

I've done a few programs already and have quick test programs to check but they all dont work.

i've made a new project as well from the examples just to be 100% sure. at this point the only thing i think i could of done wrong is the pins but i know 100% that the TX pin is the 12 pin on the x1 row while the RX pin is the 9th

I've doubled check the transciever works on my STM32F7 board, i've also powered the transciever externally just incase the board didnt have enough juice.

Attached the dummy project and some images of the test setup.

What i've done:

To check baudrate:

i've used both the external and internal clock at 16Mhz and 24Mhz respectfully

the value i used to get a 250 baudrate are

The project i've attached uses the external clock

Presdiv PROPSEG PSEG1 PSEG2

16Mhz: 0x03  0x04   0x07  0x01

24Mhz 0x05 0x04   0x07  0x01

To check the pins i've connected a saleae device to monitor the pins:

for the RX side i connected it to the rx pin directly before the canbus and observed if any data came from the transciever ( it did) but the SPC didnt recognise or trigger anything.

for the TX i connect it to the pin from the spc560d directly and observed if any data was coming out. to which nothing did and it would fill up the TX buffer and stay full.

I also tested the loopback mode, it worked fine.

Im at my wits end.

5 REPLIES 5
PChia.2237
Senior

No go unfortuantly , it would strange if that was the reason since it's been working fine until recently. (reference i turned off the OBE and set both pins to pull up)

PChia.2237
Senior

I have same problem with SPC560P Discovery. Nothing on TX CAN PIN. If You have good news, please let me know

PChia.2237
Senior

Hi, i can communicate with can-bus now.

My mistake was jumper on SPC560P Discovery

Unfortuantly mines not a bus impedance. the actual pins (tx) doesnt do anything