cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X-CUBE-GNSS1 software package and the X-NUCLEO-IKS01A2

khairi
Associate II

puis-je utiliser le progiciel X-CUBE-GNSS1 et la carte d'extension X-NUCLEO-IKS01A2 avec une carte Nucleo STM32 pour développer une application combinant à la fois les fonctionnalités GNSS et les capteurs MEMS ? Si oui, comment puis-je les connecter à la carte Nucleo, et comment configurer les broches pour éviter les conflits puisqu'elles partagent certaines broches sur la carte Nucleo F401RE ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @khairi ,

sorry, I did not explain myself:

the X-NUCLEO-IKS01A2 is a good choice to be paired with the X-NUCLEO-GNSS1A1 or X-NUCLEO-GNSS2A1, but it is mandatory to have both, to be able to have both mems and GNSS functionality.

regarding the pin configuration, it depends on the application and the sensors you want to use, but you can find every info in the board documents and using STM32CubeMX with the package X-CUBE-MEMS1 you have the possibility of developing your code in a easy environment.

If this answers your question, please, mark this as "best answer", by clicking on the "accept as solution" to help the other users of the community

Niccolò

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
niccolò
ST Employee

Hi @khairi ,

to use the X-CUBE-GNSS1 the X-NUCLEO-GNSS1A1 or the X-NUCLEO-GNSS2A1 expansion boards, you can't work with just the X-NUCLEO-IKS01A2.

If this answers your question, please, mark this as "best answer", by clicking on the "accept as solution" to help the other users of the community

Niccolò

The software comes with sample implementations for the drivers running on the X-NUCLEO-GNSS1A1 and the X-NUCLEO-GNSS2A1

Thank you @niccolò 

. So, what is the best combination of GNSS and IMU  sensors that you recommend for use with the Nucleo board?

Hi @khairi ,

sorry, I did not explain myself:

the X-NUCLEO-IKS01A2 is a good choice to be paired with the X-NUCLEO-GNSS1A1 or X-NUCLEO-GNSS2A1, but it is mandatory to have both, to be able to have both mems and GNSS functionality.

regarding the pin configuration, it depends on the application and the sensors you want to use, but you can find every info in the board documents and using STM32CubeMX with the package X-CUBE-MEMS1 you have the possibility of developing your code in a easy environment.

Niccolò