cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I send an app to my SensorTile using ST BLE Sensor and Create Apps on iOS?

DPifk
Associate II

For my SensorTile, when I open the ST BLE Sensor app then create/use an app in Create Apps and tap Play, I get a "Board scanning has timed out" error message. Everything under "Connect to a device" interacts happily with the SensorTile. What's the problem? 

I'm using the ST BLE Sensor app v 4.4.3 on iOS.

Thank you.

43 REPLIES 43
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi Daniel, are you using a SensorTile or a SensorTile.box? I suppose you are using the SensorTile, so please note that the "Create a new app" function works only with the newer SensorTile.box, both for Android and iOS. The SensorTile.box has a more versatile HW and FW that enables you to download specific FWs for the application you desire. We will add a dialog box to avoid misunderstandings. Regards.

DPifk
Associate II

Thanks, Eleon. I didn't catch that. I'll pick up a .box whenever it's back in stock. Thanks for clearing that up in the dialog. You may also want to modify the text in the App Store description. I saw the mention of FFT there, thought .box was a subset of the SensorTile, and picked up a SensorTile Kit.

you're welcome daniel

AWatt.1
Associate II

I have an STEVAL$MKSBOX1V1 SensorTile .box and it has the same problem. I connected the battery then ran the App which detected it no problem. Great! I selected Create new app, then selected Pressure I think. The app attempted to download something to the SensorTile.box then gave up with the error message 'There was an error loading the app on the board'. The red LED was on. Further attempts to reconnect from the App just gave timeout messages. I disconnected and reconnected the battery but nothing, not even an LED. I may try USB power only as someone else found that worked...

Is there an easy fix for this?

Hi @AWatt.1​ , please try with this new FW (beta version). It improves the apk-ST.box BLE communication. Regards

Many thanks. I have succeeded by using a OnePlus5T yesterday. It was able to download 332 successfully first time over the boot image. What I tried previously was an LG Nexus 4, and all downloads failed. So LD was not very lucky after all! Now that 332 has been installed and run, the LG now works fine, and the LG can download the various demo apps perfectly. Therefore there could be a bug in the original Bootloader firmware. I will try 333 on Monday.

Stay safe!!!

Ciao, Al

So LG was not very lucky after all!

Eleon, it is the bootloader that requires the fix so that it can be used with the Nexus 4 and maybe Huawei phones to download your 333 OTA. Otherwise I would have to blow your 333 using the USB programmer. If that is the case, does the 333 bin file have a bootloader in the bottom 16k of the image, in which case I send the image to flash address 80000000, or does the image not have a bootloader and thus has to be sent to 8004000 ?

Cheers, Al

Hi @AWatt.1​ , the bootloader section is included in the bin file, so you can start from flash address 8000000. You can follow the indication in this topic and in the related video. Regards