cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What output data format does the STEVAL-STWINKT01 development board use? (.dat) How can I make this data visible and view it? For example, in excel.

PFark.1
Associate II

What output data format does the STEVAL-STWINKT01 develepment board use? (.dat) How can I make this data visible and view it? For example, in excel. It would be nice to see what data the device has saved to the SD card and process it. How can this be done?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @Community member​ ,

you can find the way to correctly interpret in the User Manual UM2688, from p. 27.

I suggest to you to use the Python SDK since it is free, differently from the Matlab framework, and can be implemented with little effort once and for all.

In particular, it is explained from p.33.

-Eleon

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @Community member​ ,

please consider that you can find a Python and a Matlab scripts in the FP-SNS-DATALOG1 firmware function pack that might fit your purpose.

In particular, you can find them in the Utilities folder (Utilities\Python_SDK\ or Utilities\matlab\:( these scripts converts .dat file into plots, data frame and other data formats.

If my reply answered your question, please click on Select as Best at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster. 

-Eleon

PFark.1
Associate II

Hi Eleon,

I am a newbe in Python. Can you recommend me a proven platform where I can run the codes just mentioned?

P.

Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @Community member​ ,

you can find the way to correctly interpret in the User Manual UM2688, from p. 27.

I suggest to you to use the Python SDK since it is free, differently from the Matlab framework, and can be implemented with little effort once and for all.

In particular, it is explained from p.33.

-Eleon

PFark.1
Associate II

Hi Eleon,

That looks nice! Thank you!

P.