cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The STE-VAL MKI109 and 210 combination, will hang on the start at a zon command in C#. I have to unplug the whole device and reboot the computer, it is impossible if the computer is remote, how do you turn the device off so it is reset to only the blue

Macneacail
Associate III

Reset does not work.

5 REPLIES 5
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @Macneacail​ ,

I assume you're sending commands via virtual com using a C# program you've developed.  

To configure the device you need to issue the following sequence of commands:

*setdb210v2

*zoff 

After this sequence the sensor is on and now you can perform read and write operations.

To power off the sensor you can send:

*zon

*dbreset 

For more detailed explanations on how to use MKI109v3, please refer to the document UM2116.

If my reply answered your question, please click on Select as Best at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster!

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Macneacail
Associate III

Yes, it is a C# program. *zon and *dbreset do not work once it is locked, trust me I have spent months on this. I have printed and read all the manuals.

It only happens on some devices and not all. That is really annoying.

Macneacail
Associate III

I also use a serial monitor to check the data flow.

Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @Macneacail​ ,

I am sorry that you are experiencing these problems, could you give me more information to better understand the problem? For example, could you tell me the sequence of commands you send to the board when it crashes?

Thanks

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Macneacail
Associate III

Thank you for your response. I am trying the zon dbrest inside a catch block in C#, we shall see if that works. All of my devices are now deployed and so I do not have a test device at the moment.

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bi6z2QAA.pngI am running the devices at 1666 Hz as the theoretical setting. There are a number of issues that going forward that I would like to work out how to solve.

The first issue is the lack of a serial number on the device. STEVAL-MKI109V3 is there a reason that these do not have a serial number. They are plugged into USB ports and so the COM number can change and so if we have two on one computer, making sure the reboot has the correct com number to feed the data into the correct database going forward will become important. David Reynoldson of ST from TEXAS said we may have to get a 109 board manufactured if we want a lot. Can we add a serial number here?

The second issue is that I have the ten accelerometers running on about 8 NUCS. They are all as identical as I can make them, same parts, same windows and they are in the same location on the same network for 7 and 1 on another network. The picture shows them running at 1224 Hz for this one, they run in the range of 1200 to 1450 Hz for the 1666 setting. I am measuring the running every 8 seconds and once they settle down - usually a minute they are stable just not at 1666. The issue is the different frequencies mean that the FFT has different steps. We want to use this to measure structures so a constant FFT step size would be nice. I can live with this, but UNICO-GUI does not tell you what frequency you are running at in reality as it does not return the timing function.

The third issue - if I use the UNICO GUI and I look at the data stream using a serial reader, the first thing one looks for is the ST block of 2 bytes. These are easy to count. One can then determine the number of bytes between the ST blocks. My program returns 14 bytes between the blocks and I use this to recover the acceleration. Your UNICO GUI according to the serial reader returns 32 bytes between the blocks with the acceleration and the gyroscopic data. There is no mistake here I have made the measurements several times. I cannot see in the command list how you do that.

When I wrote my program, I used the data stream from the UNICO GUI to get the correct sequence of commands as well as checking them against the manuals.

When I started to look at your device, we could get an old accelerometer with almost identical specs, but one that stably ran at 2000 Hz, we count the loop time so we know the Hz, it was the loop time that told me your device was not running at 1666 Hz, which came as a surprise. The old accelerometer has been discontinued, I am so happy I got your device running, these minor problems are not a real issue as long as I know about them. The company who made the accelerometer is trying to replace the old one and they have been working on it for about 2 years, I suspect they have some of these problems.

I would be happy to zoom to talk about these issues as I need to understand your limitations, the devices are good, just I am used to a perfect device that was made in 2007.

JMN