cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

setup LIS2DUX12TR for motion detection

costi002
Associate

Dear all,

I want to set LIS2DUX12TR to detect if there is a motion of the board, like a theft detector.

The board is battery powered, so, I was thought to use INT1 pin to wake my PIC18LF26K22 uC to send some data.

For me, is for time when I interact with an accelerometer sensor, so, please be kind with me.

I read the datasheet, and I found I must enable some function in registers (like bits in EMB_FUNC_EN_A, route interrupt to INT1 pin, send to sleep, etc)  but, I'm not sure which one.

I wonder if there is a software, something to visually  configure register and at the final give me an output with modified register and just put the new values on LIS2DUX12TR, or , maybe, someone cold  indicate me what should I do.

Thank you in advance for your time.

Best regards

LE: I don't have any special board, just the board with my uC and LIS2DUX12TR, so, I cannot use MEMS Studio (or I don't know how to use it offline)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @costi002 ,

Welcome to ST Community!

You can find more details in section 5.6 of the AN5909, in alternative you could also look to this official example on github

Let me know if this helps 🙂

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @costi002 ,

Welcome to ST Community!

You can find more details in section 5.6 of the AN5909, in alternative you could also look to this official example on github

Let me know if this helps 🙂

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
costi002
Associate

Hi! Sorry for late response, but today , finally my LIS2DUX12TR speaks with me. I set to detect 6D orientation at 1.6Hz and react verry nice. I have just  a small issue, seems my Int1 is not 'glued' on the board, but I set LIR bit and  read at every 15 seconds ALL_INT_SRC register.

Next step: I want to set and read Significant motion.

Thank you for your time.

Best regards!