cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[IIS3DWB] Sampling rate set to 2K band.

HKim.23
Associate III

Hi,

I want to set the raw data to around 2k bandwidth and receive all data through FIFO.

From what I understand, to set it to 2k bandwidth

-Bandwidth ODR/4 = 2.6kHz, HPCF_XL = 0, LPF2_XL_EN =1

-FIFO_CTRL3 BDR_XL = 0b1010 ( 26667Hz )

And at this time, if the speed of BDR_XL value is greater than the set bandwidth,  all sampling data can be received from FIFO buffer.

is my explanation correct?

Additionally, what are the units of the BDR_XL value? is 2666.7hz unit?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @HKim.23 ,

After you configure XL (active axis, FS, …), to set a bandwidth of 2kHz you need to set ODR/10 = 2.6 kHz so HPCF_XL = 001 and FDS = 0 (in register CTRL8_XL address 17h) and LPF2_XL_EN = 1 (in register CTRL1_XL address 10h).

Regarding FIFO it will receive all XL data out of the LPF, you correctly have to set BDR_XL = 0b1010 (26667 Hz) (in register FIFO_CTRL3 address 09h). Remember to configure also FIFO as you wish (mode, watermark, …).

Here you can find an example on github.

From datasheet the configuration for BDR_XL  is 0b1010 that is at 26667 Hz.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @HKim.23 ,

After you configure XL (active axis, FS, …), to set a bandwidth of 2kHz you need to set ODR/10 = 2.6 kHz so HPCF_XL = 001 and FDS = 0 (in register CTRL8_XL address 17h) and LPF2_XL_EN = 1 (in register CTRL1_XL address 10h).

Regarding FIFO it will receive all XL data out of the LPF, you correctly have to set BDR_XL = 0b1010 (26667 Hz) (in register FIFO_CTRL3 address 09h). Remember to configure also FIFO as you wish (mode, watermark, …).

Here you can find an example on github.

From datasheet the configuration for BDR_XL  is 0b1010 that is at 26667 Hz.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
HKim.23
Associate III

Thank you for answer.

But I would like to receive an approximate value of 2kHz.

After checking the datasheet, it appears that it is difficult to accurately match 2kHz and that it must be similarly adjusted by adjusting INTERNAL_FREQ_FINE.