cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ism330dlc: Change of Accelerometer full-scale selection during operation

st_ks
Associate

Hey, 

i am currently planning to work with the ISM330DLC and am wondering if its possible to change the full-scale selection of Accelerometer (CTRL1_XL (10h) - FS_XL [1:0]during operation. Or is it mandatory to stop the ISM to change the control register values. I could not find any  information regarding that topic in the datasheet attached.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @st_ks ,

Welcome to ST Community!

You can change the FS while the device is working.

If my reply answered your question, please click on Accept as Solution at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster 🙂

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jiangfan
ST Employee

Just try it.

I mean you may try to change the full-scale selection of Accelerometer, to see if it works as you expected. I suppose it is easy to try - just display/print current full-scale + current raw value + current Acceleration value.

Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @st_ks ,

Welcome to ST Community!

You can change the FS while the device is working.

If my reply answered your question, please click on Accept as Solution at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster 🙂

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi, that means I can change the "full-scale selection" as often as the communication via SPI or I2C allows?