cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SensorTile.box Pro in Brick mode

RPare.1
Associate III

I have purchased the SensorTile.box Pro from Mouser, and the device is excellent to work with on coding. I have loaded 0x0000000 with bin file default from F:\ST_SensorTile_Box_Pro\STM32CubeFunctionPack_STBOX1_V1.5.0\Projects\STWIN.box\Applications\DefaultFw\Binary\DefaultFw.bin

The SensorTile.box Pro does not work and is unable to access the Android to start the Dice or Compass demo.

How can I get the SensorTile.box Pro back on the day I purchased it on July 27, 2023.

Best Regards,

Rob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @RPare.1 ,

F:\ST_SensorTile_Box_Pro\STM32CubeFunctionPack_STBOX1_V1.5.0\Projects\STWIN.box\Applications\DefaultFw\Binary you are referring to is the STWIN.box folder.

For the sensortile.boxPRO you can find the binaries for different projects inside this function pack. The path is F:\ST_SensorTile_Box_Pro\STM32CubeFunctionPack_STBOX1_V1.5.0\Projects\STM32U585AI-SensorTile.boxPro\Applications\BLESensors\Binary where BLESensors can be also BLEDualProgram,BLEGPEx, BLEMLC or one of the others in that folder.

Why you need the default fw? These projects have different uses and you can choose one of them while the default fw becomes available one the official web page.

If this helps you, please mark my answer as "Best Answer" by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" button, this can be helpful for Community users to find this solution faster.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @RPare.1 ,

Can you send me the link from which you purchased the SensorTile.box Pro from Mouser?

By the way, if you managed to get a hold of one of the board, the main issue is that you tried to upload the fw for the STWIN.box inside the sensortile.boxPRO (if you check the path of your file you can see that you got in the wrong folder) in the path Firmware\Projects\STM32U585AI-SensorTile.boxPro\Applications you should find all the applications available for the sensortile.boxPRO at the moment.
The default fw for Sensortile.boxPRO will be available when the board will be released officially.

If my reply answered your question, please click on Accept as Solution at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
RPare.1
Associate III

Thanks for your response.

When can I get the correct DefaultFw.bin?

The  sensortile.boxPRO is useless; I need it for a project.

Also, the USB output is down. I mean, it is down and does not show up as a virtual port.

Here is the link: https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/STMicroelectronics/STEVAL-MKBOXPRO?qs=ulEaXIWI0c9qPK7GGMHr6w%3D%3D

The DefaultFw.bin is not located here:

F:\ST_SensorTile_Box_Pro\STM32CubeFunctionPack_STBOX1_V1.5.0\Projects\STM32U585AI-SensorTile.boxPro\Applications

Here is where the files defaultFw.bin is located, and it does not bring my sensortile.boxPRO back to life as you indicated in your reply.

F:\ST_SensorTile_Box_Pro\STM32CubeFunctionPack_STBOX1_V1.5.0\Projects\STWIN.box\Applications\DefaultFw\Binary

Hi @RPare.1 ,

F:\ST_SensorTile_Box_Pro\STM32CubeFunctionPack_STBOX1_V1.5.0\Projects\STWIN.box\Applications\DefaultFw\Binary you are referring to is the STWIN.box folder.

For the sensortile.boxPRO you can find the binaries for different projects inside this function pack. The path is F:\ST_SensorTile_Box_Pro\STM32CubeFunctionPack_STBOX1_V1.5.0\Projects\STM32U585AI-SensorTile.boxPro\Applications\BLESensors\Binary where BLESensors can be also BLEDualProgram,BLEGPEx, BLEMLC or one of the others in that folder.

Why you need the default fw? These projects have different uses and you can choose one of them while the default fw becomes available one the official web page.

If this helps you, please mark my answer as "Best Answer" by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" button, this can be helpful for Community users to find this solution faster.

RPare.1
Associate III

When I first unboxed the board and plugged it into my laptop, the board came up on the COM port as a Virtual ST port.  That does not work anymore.

When I use the current Android app and try creating a new one, it tells me I need to use the Classic app. Again it used to work on the Current Android app.

The Rolling Dice and Compass demos used to work and do not work.

I need the defaultFW.bin for the board because the 0x0000000 to whatever the end range was wiped out.

I spend two days searching the ST site and found no downloads to fix the issue.

The sensortile.boxPRO is not working like the first day I unpack it from the box, and the BlueTooth no longer lights.

I'm an Engineer working for HP/Poly with microcontrollers all day, and I have back firmware for all boards.

I just need the Monitor or kernel for the board and get the Virtual Com port running again so I can stream to the Com port.

RPare.1
Associate III

Can you just do a firmware dump from a working unit and send me a link from the GIT hub?

I can download the bin file and test it. I can let you know the results.

-Rob

Would it help if I created a YouTube showing the issue?

RPare.1
Associate III

What does the blinking red LED mean?

RPare.1
Associate III

I love this box and bought another one!

RPare.1
Associate III

I have NUCLEO-L476RG set up as V2 debugger as shown from the ON webinar to SensorTile.Box Pro and I have STM Cube IDE open and BLEMLC builds the elf file with no errors. When I start the debug session I see this:

Memory Programming ...
Opening and parsing file: ST-LINK_GDB_server_a08752.srec
File : ST-LINK_GDB_server_a08752.srec
Size : 165.62 KB
Address : 0x08000000

Erasing memory corresponding to segment 0:
Erasing internal memory sectors [0 20]
Download in Progress:

File download complete
Time elapsed during download operation: 00:00:01.560

Verifying ...

Error: Data mismatch found at address 0x08000000 (byte = 0xC0 instead of 0x00)

Error: Download verification failed

Encountered Error when opening C:\ST\STM32CubeIDE_1.6.1\STM32CubeIDE\plugins\com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.externaltools.cubeprogrammer.win32_2.1.0.202305091550\tools\bin\STM32_Programmer_CLI.exe
Error in STM32CubeProgrammer
Shutting down...
Exit.