Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading accelerometer measurement when there is shock in LSM6DSO32

MSelv.3
Associate II

Hi ST support,

We are using LSM6DSO32 accelerometer.

I configured Single tap shock event on interrupt.

Interrupt is getting generated when there is shock 

i want to read peak value of that shock.

how to read acceleration data OUTX_H_A, OUTX_L_A, OUTY_H_A, OUTY_L_A, OUTZ_H_A and OUTZ_L_A when there is shock ?

I want to read peak value of G when there is shock

Screenshot 2024-07-16 160606.png

3 REPLIES 3
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @MSelv.3 ,

You can read the output continuously (from register 22h to 2Dh) and in post processing get the maximum value.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thank you for your reply.

I am using TI microcontroller TMS570LC43 I2C to read LSM6DSO32 accelerometer Data.

In FIFO mode of LSM6DSO32, I want to read all the data at one go instead of reading all the FIFO_DATA_OUT (from 78h to 7Eh) registers for the number of times specified by the DIFF_FIFO_[9:0]

is there any way to do that?

Because if i read all the FIFO_DATA_OUT (from 78h to 7Eh) registers for the number of times specified by the DIFF_FIFO_[9:0], my I2C will be busy for long time.

I am trying with I2C DMA to read all data of FIFO at one go for avoiding CPU load

is there an other way to read all data of FIFO instead of reading all the FIFO_DATA_OUT (from 78h to 7Eh) registers for the number of times specified by the DIFF_FIFO_[9:0]?

MSelv.3
Associate II

MSelv3_0-1722591734475.png

What does it mean The wraparound function in the device?  The wraparound function in LSM6DSO32 or Master MCU?