cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with VL53L0X GUI, X-NUCLEO-53L0A1 and NUCLEO-L476RG. Expansion board not detected

Hardwariano
Associate III

Hello all,

I have a problem when I try to use VL53L0X GUI application: it doesn't recognize the NUCLEO-L476RG board.

First, I install STSW-LINK007 and STSW-LINK009 as manual says.

0693W000000XFTxQAO.png

0693W000000XFU7QAO.png

Then I connect X-NUCLEO-53L0A1 + NUCLEO-L476RG to my USB port, start the application and get the next error:

0693W000000XFURQA4.png

Why is this happening? Does VL53L0X GUI only works with NUCLEO-F401RE but not with NUCLEO-L476RG?

Note: I know my NUCLEO-L476RG and my X-NUCLEO-53L0A1 aren't damaged because I can download the VL53L0X examples and they work well:

0693W000000XFeRQAW.png

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

13 REPLIES 13
This is the packaging it came in:
Well, I feel foolish now. Apparently I was trying to install the L0, when I have the L1 board. I went back and downloaded the L1 files (link007 and img009) and extracted them. When I attempted to drop link007 onto the NODE_F401RE, it gives me this error:
[image: image.png]
I shut everything down and tried from scratch, but still get the same
error. I also tried the link009 files, and it also gave me the same
error. I suspect I may have done something to the board with the other
files, and willhave to do something to set the board back to its default.
Duane
Well, I've downloaded and re-run the SW-update and port driver files. Device manager shows COM7 (albeit with a 115200 BAUD rate still), and TerraTerm can connect to it at 460K baud, giving the same error message as before, but the
DuaneVL53L1X_GUI still shows that the com port cannot be found. I've tried unplugging and re-connecting the Nucleo board while the GUI is running and before launching it - no apparent difference. One time I saw in the GUI a message that the COM port was connected and I should press the black button, but pressing it did nothing, and I have not been able to duplicate that since. I've done all this with the expansion board in place. Any suggestions?
Duane
John E KVAM
ST Employee

Duane -

On a whim, I started putting the expansion board on several different Nucleo F401RE boards. Some of which I have abused quite badly.

I found 1 that had your symptom

So try this:

Use Tera Term, use 406800 as a baud rate. issue the command: (commands will NOT echo, backspace does not work)

sensors

You should get "sensor PE"

enable

You should get a lot of data.

help - lots of text

But based on your symptoms, I think you need a new NucleoF401RE board.

sorry about that.

(Actually I've only heard of one failure. It's very rare."

The enable command should generate data.

If this or any post solves your issue, please mark them as 'Accept as Solution' It really helps. And if you notice anything wrong do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'. Someone will review it.