cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pressure Sensor - LPS22HHTR

BVA
Associate II

Hi..  Im working on an application attempting to use the LPS22HHTR.  I see in the specs the table of absolute max ratings, but I wasn't able to find a parameter for the low end.  In this application there can be occasions where the line falls below 260 hPa for brief periods.  I am not concerned about being able to get a reading at these levels but rather an understanding how far into vacuum ( or below 260hPa) the device can go before failure.  Any guidance is appreciated.  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @BVA ,

There are no risks of damages, stiction etc. in case of LPS22HHTR put in vacuum.

If my reply answered your question, please click on Accept as Solution at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster 🙂

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
niccolò
ST Employee

Hi @BVA ,
welcome to ST community!

as stated in the datasheet (page 9, table 3) 260 hPa is within specification for the sensor, so it is not a problem to reach that value.
regarding the minimum pressure the sensor can withstand, there are no problems in reaching lower pressures, regarding failures of the device, but the accuracy is not guaranteed below 260 hPa.

If this answers your question, please, mark this as "best answer", by clicking on the "accept as solution" to help the other users of the community

Niccolò

Hi Niccolo,

Sincere apologies for the late reply.  If I understand correctly exposing the sensor to a vacuum should not be an issue.  We do not want to take a reading at these levels as stated above (no readings below 260hPa are required) but rather want to ensure we do not break the sensor.  To be more specific we could reach a vacuum of -5PSI or -350hPa.  Is this acceptable or will it damage the unit?  Thanks for your guidance.  Greatly appreciated.

Hi @BVA ,

Is it correct the minus before the values? Or do you mean 350hPa?

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi..  The minus sign is correct.  The unit could be subject to -5psi (-.3bar), basically a vacuum.  As mentioned we do not wish to obtain any readings under those conditions, but rather to ensure the unit doesn't get damaged in those conditions.  

Thanks again.

Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @BVA ,

There are no risks of damages, stiction etc. in case of LPS22HHTR put in vacuum.

If my reply answered your question, please click on Accept as Solution at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster 🙂