cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On lis2dw12 accelerometer, which configuration do I need to set in order to route int2 interrupt on INT1 pin?

SHala.2
Associate II

I'm using lis2dw12 accelerometer, while using INT1 pin to route interrupts, it's working good, how ever when I route it to INT2 pin, it doesnt work, the configuration I set:

1. in ctrl reg 5: I set INT2_DRDY to 1
  2. in ctrl reg 7: INT2_ON_INT1 to 1, INTERRUPTS _ENABLE to 1

are there any configuration/conflict with other configuration?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @SHala.2​ ,

Welcome to ST Community!

In order to route INT2 pin on INT1 pin you need to turn on the accelerometer in CTRL1 (reg 20h), then to drive the signal on the INT2 pin you need to set the corresponding interrupt bit of the CTRL5_INT2_PAD_CTRL register to 1. To route the INT2 pin signals on the INT1 pin set bit INT2_ON_INT1 = 1 in register CTRL7. This works only for the first 5 interrupts, the last three can be set directly through register CTRL4_INT1_PAD_CTRL. Finally, setting the INTERRUPTS_ENABLE bit in register CTRL7 to '1' you enable the interrupts.

If following these steps it doesn't work, you could set also the BDU (block data update) bit to 1 in the CTRL2 (21h) register.

If my reply answered your question, please click on Select as Best at the bottom of this post to help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster, otherwise please share with me your other settings.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @SHala.2​ ,

Welcome to ST Community!

In order to route INT2 pin on INT1 pin you need to turn on the accelerometer in CTRL1 (reg 20h), then to drive the signal on the INT2 pin you need to set the corresponding interrupt bit of the CTRL5_INT2_PAD_CTRL register to 1. To route the INT2 pin signals on the INT1 pin set bit INT2_ON_INT1 = 1 in register CTRL7. This works only for the first 5 interrupts, the last three can be set directly through register CTRL4_INT1_PAD_CTRL. Finally, setting the INTERRUPTS_ENABLE bit in register CTRL7 to '1' you enable the interrupts.

If following these steps it doesn't work, you could set also the BDU (block data update) bit to 1 in the CTRL2 (21h) register.

If my reply answered your question, please click on Select as Best at the bottom of this post to help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster, otherwise please share with me your other settings.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thanks!