cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSM6DSOX FIFO

whaz
Associate II

Hello,

my question applies to both the LSM6DSO and LSM6DSOX FIFO. 

if I am enabling the gyro and accel both at the same ODR and also enabling timestamp, I want to know what gets written into the FIFO first. I know I can use the tag register to tell me what that "word" is, but I want to ensure that the sequence the data is written/read from the FIFO will always be the same for a given ODR.I am not locally processing the sensor data but transferring it for processing and I want to minimize the length of my packet if I can guarantee the sequence will always be the same. any help if greatly appreciated.

Regards,

5 REPLIES 5
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @whaz ,

Welcome to ST Community!

It is not possible to know which data arrives first, which is why there is the tag register.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
whaz
Associate II

Hello,

Thank you for your response. but can you tell me why is it that I always get the gyro data first?

Thanks

Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @whaz ,

By design you have first gyro data and then accelerometer.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
whaz
Associate II

Hi Federica,

I am sorry to be a little confused. but if by design, the gyro data comes in first, why do you say "It is not possible to know which data arrives first".

Regards,

Hi @whaz ,

I didn't understand you wanted to know whether you get gyroscope or accelerometer data first. I confirm that you always get the gyro first and then the accelerometer.