cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lsm6dsox embedded features

Varsha
Associate III

Is it possible to execute features such as pedometer, activity/inactivity detection, tilt/tap, with same configuration of ODR, Full scale? How can I include all these features in a single program?

Can someone explain this please

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @Varsha ,

You can set the same ODR for both (e.g. 833Hz) because then the pedometer internally always runs at 26Hz anyway, so it is not impacted by the ODR you set.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @Varsha ,

Yes, you can. You can find some examples on the AN5272 for each embedded function.

Please note that for the tap detection we suggest to use an high ODR (e.g., 416 Hz or 833 Hz), the pedometer and tilt always works at 26Hz internally.

For the FS we suggest you 8g or 16g.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

@Federica Bossi Thank you. 
Suppose if I want to configure both pedometer and tap detection feature in a single program/file, how do I select the acc and gyro ODR, since both features run on different ODR

Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @Varsha ,

You can set the same ODR for both (e.g. 833Hz) because then the pedometer internally always runs at 26Hz anyway, so it is not impacted by the ODR you set.