cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPS28DFW and LPS22QS

PHONG.1
Associate

For my thesis, I need a pressure sensor for air with water vapor and scattered water droplet. The pressure ranges from 100 to 300kPa.abs and the temperature from -30 to 70℃.

After searching your website, I find two potential pressure sensors, namely LPS28DFW and LPS22QS.

My question is as follows:

1. The LPS28DFW uses water-resistant package. What is the depth from the surface of the gel-filled through hole to the surface of the inlet of the through hole? The depth determines the available gas volume of the through hole and this is what I actually care about. In my situation, the smaller the available gas volume, the better. It would be better if you can tell me the amount of the available gas volume.

2. Whether the LPS22QS is applicable to the situation of air with water vapor and scattered water droplet? I find that in the datasheet, the LPS22QS is applicable to gas and water metering. I am confused with this.

1 REPLY 1
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @PHONG.1​ ,

If your application targets a waterproof environment, the LPS28DFW should be the correct choice. The distance from the top of the chimney to the top surface of the gel is about 0.5mm, to guarantee the tolerance in manufacturing of the device.

Using the ILPS22QS without any protection is risky because the water could flow inside the top holes, impacting the measurement accuracy.

-Eleon