cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LIS3DH High Resolution Threshold

HPras
Associate II

Hi Community,

I am using Lis3dh sensor in 50HZ ODR, High Pass filter enabled with cut-off frequency 0.1 HZ with full scale range 8G and FIFO is enabled and set FIFO-to-Stream Mode.

Case 1:

I get interrupts for small events Normal Mode(HR bit is not set) for the same threshold and when i see the x,y,z axis value is more than the threshold.

Case 2:

With HR Bit enabled , I am not getting the interrupt for the same small event for the same threshold which means that event didn't cross the threshold.

I am sure both time same events only happened.

As per Datasheet and Application note, that Output value only will be in 12-bit in High resolution mode.

Is there HR bit anyway related to do with Threshold?

Please help me .

Thanks,

Hari

15 REPLIES 15

Hi Niccolo @niccolo.ruffini​ ,

Thanks,This helps a lot.

To detect only 6D orientation on INT2 pin, I have to Set 0x7F in INT2_CFG(0x34) right? or is there any other register I need to configure?

And I don't understand why threshold is also required to detect the 6D orientation. Can you please explain this?

Thanks,

Hari Prasath.

Hi Hari @Community member​ ,

you should also enable the INT2 pin in CTRL REG 6.

While, regarding the threshold, it is linked to the angle you want to detect with the 6D orientation.

A higher threshold means a smaller angle that is detected.

Thanks a lot for the support.

Regards,

Hari

You are welcome, feel free to contact us if you have any other questions

I have one more question. What is role of High pass filter on 6D orientation Detection?

Because when I enable High pass filter on INT2 Pin which I am Actually using it for 6D detection, it is not generating any interrupt.

Thanks,

Hari

Hi Hari @Community member​ ,

with the HP filter enabled data are filtered so that only variations are sensed.

Frequency of these variations depends on the cut off frequency of the filter.

It is normal that the interrupt is not triggered, in this situation. You should provide vibration in the direction you want to trigger, that have the same properties of your continuous trigger, to get the INT high.

In fact, I don't know which could be the use of the HP filter in the 6D recognition you are implementing, maybe for some specific vibration applications it can help.

Hope this helps you.