cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In the LSM9DS1TR, is it possible to tie the two SDO lines together?

MLosa.1
Associate

Once it is done, the comunication over the SPI would be treated as a normal/single SPI interfaces?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @MLosa.1​ ,

Are you referring to the SDO_A/G and SDO_M pins, right?

If so, it is an OK configuration. You can communicate only with one senso (magnetometer or acc/gyro) each time, depending on which CS_A G or CS_M is driven low.

Another communication protocol compatible with your configuration could be the 3-wire SPI one, described in datasheet p. 33, which don't use the SDO_A/G and SDO_M pins, provided that you enable the SIM bit in CTRL_REG8 (22h) register.

Otherwise, you could decide to communicate via I2C, and in this case you have only to keep in mind that you have to properly set the SA0 of the slave address (datasheet p.30).

-Eleon

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @MLosa.1​ ,

Are you referring to the SDO_A/G and SDO_M pins, right?

If so, it is an OK configuration. You can communicate only with one senso (magnetometer or acc/gyro) each time, depending on which CS_A G or CS_M is driven low.

Another communication protocol compatible with your configuration could be the 3-wire SPI one, described in datasheet p. 33, which don't use the SDO_A/G and SDO_M pins, provided that you enable the SIM bit in CTRL_REG8 (22h) register.

Otherwise, you could decide to communicate via I2C, and in this case you have only to keep in mind that you have to properly set the SA0 of the slave address (datasheet p.30).

-Eleon

MLosa.1
Associate

Yes, you were right. I just checked it.

Thanks.