cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LIS2HH12 working like 1.6kHz@ODR=800Hz

mete
Senior

I am evaluating LIS2HH12. Before starting to collect data, I simply reboot it, set FIFO to stream mode (010), enable FIFO, and enable the sensor by setting ODR=800Hz (110). Then I collect 800 samples (each sample=6 bytes, 2 for each axis) by reading the output registers when FSS>0 and as many times as FSS and checking OVR also (which never happens) and maximum FSS I see is 4 or so (the sensor is connected to an RPi 4, SPI@1MHz). I expect 800 samples to be collected around 1 second, but 800 samples are collected in 0.5 seconds. Why would this happen ? I double checked the FSS values I have read and they sum up to 800 in 0.5 seconds as well.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Probably it was. Not sure what happened but it is working now as expected. Maybe a system-wide issue, I rebooted since I posted the question. I was measuring the time with time.monotonic() and summing the FSS values until reaching 800. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TDK
Guru

Probably a bug of some sort. How are you determining 0.5 seconds? Can you show relevant code?

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Probably it was. Not sure what happened but it is working now as expected. Maybe a system-wide issue, I rebooted since I posted the question. I was measuring the time with time.monotonic() and summing the FSS values until reaching 800.