cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LIS2DTW12 temperature accuracy

lgu.1
Associate

Hello there,

I am currently using LIS2DTW12. In the datasheet, it states the accuracy of temperature sensor is 0.8 degree C(typ.), I notice the temperature reading has +/- 3 degree C among 10 LIS2DTW12 units. Is it normal? I also wonder if the LIS2DTW12 temperature sensor reads absolute temperature and has been factory calibrated. Or I need to calibrate the embedded temperature sensor in chamber for every unit.

Thanks,

-Lei

2 REPLIES 2
TBomb.1
Senior II

Hi, from my experience on LIS2DTW12 datasheet there are no "min" and "max" limits, so theoretically the parts are in spec. However usually T sensors are more accurate, at least at production line level.

https://www.st.com/resource/en/datasheet/lis2dtw12.pdf

It can be the case that the soldering process induces a worse accuracy than the nominal one, so as general rule a calibration at application level is always a good choice.

You have also to be sure that the sensors are tested in the same position and that the close environment doesn't affect the temperature measure.

Tom

lgu.1
Associate

Hi Tom,

Thanks for looking into my question. Have you experienced larger than 0.8C variation on LIS2DTW12? The datasheet shows 0.8C accuracy. I'm not sure which type of T sensor is inside. The soldering process could be a potential issue. I am ordering a few EV board for LIS2DTW12 and will test their accuracy.

Thanks,

-Lei