Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LIS2DE12 no interrupt and constant acceleration values

Denis Thomas
Associate II
Posted on October 09, 2017 at 18:31

Hello,

Firs of all thank you for your time.

I'm currently working with a LIS2DE12 for its great low power current but unfortunately I'm not able to get any useful information from the device. I tried to active an interrupt in the idea to check movement in any direction (i just want an interrupt if the device is moving). It doesn't work but worst when I read the register of the acceleration i have always the same values (exactly the same even when moving, reversed, ...). I guess I have made some mistakes in my configuration but I was not able to find where is the problem. 

Just below my pseudo-code. The I2C function are working correctly (I'm able to communcate with the 

LIS2DE12 )

init:

Check  ACCEL_WHO_AM_I

write 0xC0 ACCEL_TEMP_CFG_REG // enable the measure of the temperature

write  0x57 

CTRL_REG1 //  100Hz & activate all the axes

write 0x00 

CTRL_REG2 // No filter

write 0x00 

CTRL_REG3 // No specific interrupt

write 0x80  

CTRL_REG4 // BDU activated for the temperature

write 0x08 

CTRL_REG5 //  Latch interrupt

write 0x00 

CTRL_REG6 // no INTERRUPT on int2

write 0b00101010 

INT1_CFG // Interrupt OR when over threshold

write 0x16 

INT1_THS  // Set the threshold

write 0x03 

INT1_DURATION // Set the duration (small one)

write 0x00 FIFO_CTRL_REG  // bypass mode

loop:

check if data available ( read STATUS_REG_AUX) then

read ACCEL_OUT_X_H,ACCEL_OUT_Y_H,ACCEL_OUT_Z_H

check if INT1 == 1 then

LED = 1 // to be able to see the interruption

I hope that I respected the rules of this forum.

kind regards,

Denis
11 REPLIES 11
Posted on October 13, 2017 at 15:58

I would like to add that if you need to enable the BDU in CTRL_REG4 due to the temperature sensor, you have to perform a dummy read of register 0x28, 0x2A, 0x2C and discard these values. This must be done each time you want to read the accelerometer output values, otherwise the output values will not be updated.

Posted on November 12, 2017 at 11:29

Hi, I'm using LIS2DE12. I have tried the same configurations as you said above , But when Interrupt occurs I read INT1_SRC register it gives me a 00000000. After that interrupt is not detecting. And also I have tried by disabling that INT1 Latching by setting CNTRL_REG5 = 0x04;. Then interrupt is detecting always but INT1_SRC reg always giving zero's. What will be the problem. Any suggestions pls?