cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISM303DLC Library

Anil3
Associate III

Hi i am using ISM303DLC sensor could you please suggest me which library i have to integrate to get the Roll, Pitch and Heading.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @Anil​ ,

Do you mean you are looking for the sensor fusion library to get quaternions or euler angles calculation?

In this case, you can refer to the MotionFX library of the X-CUBE-MEMS1 firmware function pack, which runs as middleware on STM32 and provides real-time motion-sensor data fusion. It also performs gyroscope bias and magnetometer hard iron calibration. 

-Eleon

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @Anil​ ,

Do you mean you are looking for the sensor fusion library to get quaternions or euler angles calculation?

In this case, you can refer to the MotionFX library of the X-CUBE-MEMS1 firmware function pack, which runs as middleware on STM32 and provides real-time motion-sensor data fusion. It also performs gyroscope bias and magnetometer hard iron calibration. 

-Eleon

Hi @Eleon BORLINI​ 

I have integrated the fotionFX library and receiving the values but here i have observed that the heading values are varying if they have kept any piece of iron near to it... why it is happening so may i know the reason as the library itself do hard iron and soft iron calibrarion...

please suggest how to overcome this issue.

Thank you,

ANIL.

Calibration eliminates the hard and soft iron distortion that is "physically connected" to the device for example DC power tracks (wires). If the distortion comes from outside the calibration doesn't have effect because in the compass is the final magnetic field and there is no way how to distinguish which field comes from the earth and which is the one from nearby iron or other sources.