cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Informations about LIS331DLH required:

AWi
Associate II

- Is the LIS331DLH long term available? For how long it will be producted?? (very important question)

- Is there an evaluation bord/kit available to check the performance of LIS331DLH instead of LIS33DE??

What are the main differences between this both types? BR, Andre

5 REPLIES 5
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @AWi​ 

>> Is the LIS331DLH long term available? For how long it will be producted?? (very important question)

Unfortunately LIS331DLH has not 10-years-longevity we guarantee for other sensors; we can guarantee only a basic 2 years life.

>> Is there an evaluation bord/kit available to check the performance of LIS331DLH instead of LIS33DE??

You can check on the LIS331DLH page of st.com in the Tools&software section for an overview of the available HW and SW tools. I suggest you also the use of STSW-MKI109W + STEVAL-MKI109V3 for a long-time debug and test tool for almost all ST sensor devices. Btw which tool are you using now?

Btw, I suggest you to switch to a more performant device, depending on your target application (considering also the LIS33DE obsolete...) --> https://www.st.com/en/mems-and-sensors/accelerometers.html

Regards

AWi
Associate II

Hello and Thanks for your fast reply.

The point is that we want to replace the obsolte LIS33DE on an existing layout. That means, that the new sensor should have the same footprint and properties. I hope LIS331DLH is a good replacement for LIS33DE (I am not an EE). But from my point of views it looks good. For that reason, it isnt possible to select an other more performant sensor.

What do you mean with <<we can guarantee only a basic 2 years life.>> From now on, the lifecycle is guaranteed for only 2yrs? Or could it be longer?

The current status of LIS331DLH is "active" that means, it could used for ned designs, Is it correct? I cant see any hint like "NRND".

Can we buy the mentioned eval kits in your westore or on distributors?

Best regards,

A.

Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

​@AWi​ , I mean that we have products with guaranteed 10-years longevity, but it's a subset of ST sensor portfolio products: the typical lifetime of a product is at least 2 years, and most time is of course more, but not fully guaranteed. If your concern is to get a product pin-to-pin compatible with LIS33DE and with a long life, I suggest you the LIS3DH. which has also more digital features and you don't have to modify your pcb. Please consider also the spec requirements of your application (Vdd, current consumption, accuracy, noise, FS) to choose the best sensor among the available ones. Regards

AWi
Associate II

Thanks again for your fast reply. Whats the differnece between LIS3Dh and LIS331DLH? Is there any longevity committment for LIS3DH?

IS LIS3DH a better replacement as LIS331DLH for the obsolete: LIS33DE?

BR

Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

​Unfortunately there is no 3x3x1-package sensor compatible with LIS33DE with a 10-years commitment, but the LIS3DH is probably the most indicated product in terms of longevity. In case you could change your pcb footprint, and you application is of mediacl type, I suggest you to use the MIS2DH product, qualified for implantable devices. Regards