cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMU LSM6DSM onboard Filters

FR
Associate

Hi ST-Community,

According to the Datasheet of LSM6DSM, there is a Lowpass filter dependent on the Output data rate. The datasheet does not mention any cut off frequency for the gyro.

I also need to know the Phase Shift/ Group Delay of the filter over frequency. Is it an IIR Filter or a FIR Filter and which order? Maybe someone can provide the transfer function?

Currently I am running the LSM6DSM with 417Hz ODR.

Thank You and best regards,

Florian Reisberg

3 REPLIES 3
SebastianM
Associate

Dear Community,

I am also interested in the group delay of the lowpass filter of the LSM6DSM (e.g. for 417 Hz ODR) in order to configure the accelerometer and gyroscope correctly. I couldn't find this information in the data sheet.

@Federica Bossi I saw you answered some questions regarding filters in this forum already. Is there any information available from ST?

BR
Sebastian

Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @FR and @SebastianM ,

The filter type (IIR or FIR) is a reserved information that ST doesn't share.

About the cutoff frequency there are several cascade filters each one with a its specific cutoff, that's why we provide the typical bandwidth of the overall system.

If this helps you, please mark my answer as "Best Answer" by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" button, this can be helpful for Community users to find this solution faster 🙂

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

@Federica Bossi : Thanks for your quick response! Is there any chance to get the group delay for selected phases (e.g. 0.1 Hz, 1 Hz and 5 Hz) at 417 Hz ODR? So that we can evaluate the latency for our relevant freqencies in our PoC.