cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I was wondering if it is possible to use a VL53L3CX breakout board on an X-NUCLEO-53L1A1 board? I know the normal approach is to use the X-NUCLEO-53L3A2 for this, but I would like to re-use the same board if possible.

AMaza.1
Associate

1 REPLY 1
John E KVAM
ST Employee

The VL53L0, L1, L3 and L4 are electrically identical, so plugging them in is no problem. The code we ship will find the left, right and center.

I tried the VL53L4 (didn't have an L3 handy) on an L1 expansion board, and was able to run the L4 GUI by selecting the sensor on the right.

The guy who wrote the L4 code simply modified the L3 code I'm pretty sure the GUI will work on the L3 as well.

good luck.

Our community relies on fruitful exchanges and good quality content. You can thank and reward helpful and positive contributions by marking them as 'Accept as Solution'. When marking a solution, make sure it answers your original question or issue that you raised.

ST Employees that act as moderators have the right to accept the solution, judging by their expertise. This helps other community members identify useful discussions and refrain from raising the same question. If you notice any false behavior or abuse of the action, do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'